FEP/PFA Encapsulated O-Rings
Vulcan is the world's leading manufacturer of FEP/PFA Encapsulated 'O'-Rings and Seals.
Vulcan company has the capacity to produce virtually any cross-section and diameter size or shape of seals, backed by a Stock Guarantee on the most common items and a short lead time on the rest. Carefully monitored in-house production and multiple levels of electronic inspection ensure high product quality and reliability.
An Encapsulated 'O'-Ring is an 'O'-Ring bound by a seamless and uniform FEP/PFA encapsulation, which encloses an elastomeric core, completely protecting it from the media. They combine the energising properties of an elastomeric 'O'-Ring with the resilience to extreme temperatures and hostile chemicals of FEP/PFA.
Benefits of Encapsulated 'O'-Rings and Seals
- Exceptional resistance to aggressive chemicals and gas permeability
- Cost efficient alternative to Kalrez® and similar perfluoroelastomer 'O'-Rings
- Low coefficient of friction allowing reduced wear of equipment
- Adaptive sealing force of an elastomeric 'O'-Ring
- Resistant to compression set/cold flow issues of solid 'O'-Rings
Although the standard 'O'-Ring shape is circular, Vulcan also manufactures other ring shapes to your application needs, such as square, rectangular or oval. The only set condition is that the ring corners have a radius, as opposed to angled at 90 degrees.
For more info please follow this link.